One off cash assistance of RM500 to all households with a monthly income of RM3,000 and below, costing RM1.8 billion to benefit 3.4 million households, announced by Datuk Seri Najib in the Budget speech.

Households with a combined monthly income of 3000 ringgit and below will receive RM500 cash. This proposal was particularly welcome by all low income earners or families.

To be eligible, the head of each household must register with the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) which is entrusted to implement the programme.

The assistance is believed to be distributed through banks and post offices. Further confirmation on the procedures and details of distributing the cash will be revealed by IRB soon.

(10 December 2011) BREAKING NEWS: Get your registration form here


Press release from Inland Revenue Board on 31 October 2011:

Special counters will be set up in Inland Revenue Board nationwide to register low-income households that qualify to receive RM500 in aid. The exercise is expected to kick off in November.

IRB will send its officers, approximately 2,000 additional employees, from the headquarters and branches in every state to help out with the registration exercise.

The cash would be disbursed through Pos Malaysia counters and banks to eligible applicants once the registration process was completed. Cash may be distributed to those who lived in areas without banks and post offices.

Under this effort, a total of RM1.8bil will be distributed to about 3.4 million households nationwide next January.

See full release from IRB.


Press release from Inland Revenue Board on 02 November 2011:

The Inland Revenue Board (IRB) will issue the forms for the for the one-off cash handout of RM500 to households with income of less than RM3,000 in December. The application can also be submitted online.

IRB acting as the sole agency on the exercise will involve 36 branches and 17 IRB centres in the districts as well as mobile units to conduct the registration. The form would also be published in the nationwide major newspapers to conveniences of the general public.

Payments are expected to be made in January 2012 and would be disbursed through banks, including Bank Simpanan Nasional.

See full release from IRB


“Definition unclear for cash assistance RM500″, said Chief Executive Officer LHDN on 02 November 2011:

Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) is waiting for the clarification from the Ministry of Finance (MOF) to determine the definition of the households who are earning less than RM3,000 per month and are entitled for the RM500 cash from the Government. The definition is expected to be finalised by MOF within the 2 weeks time.

Datuk Dr Mohd Shukor Mahfar, CEO of LHDN, said, the definition of the households which were disputed among the government departments and agencies (Statistik Negara, Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat dan lain-lain) has urged MOF to determine those who are deserved to register with LHDN. The registration process is expected to be kicked off in December.

“As such, MOF is finalising the definition of the entitled households. This is to ensure those deserved for the cash will register themselves with the LHDN,” said CEO LHDN Datuk Dr Mohd Shukor.

See full report here.


MOF Media Release on 30 November 2011: “Registration for cash assistance RM500 will be started from 10 December 2011″:

Ministry of Finance has issued a Media Release stating the long sought after definition of “Household” and time table for registration & disbursement of cash assistance.

In the release, the entitled Household is defined as a individual who is the head of his/her family who are staying together in a house. This includes:

1. Married including married children and staying with parents (Berkahwin termasuk anak yang berkahwin dan tinggal bersama ibu bapa)

2. Single Mother or Father with commitment (Ibu atau bapa tunggal yang mempunyai tanggungan)

3. Individual who is single and has commitment (Individu <bujang, duda, ibu tunggal> bujang yang mempunyai tanggungan)

4. Old folks who are staying alone ( Warga emas sebatang kara)

See full media release here.


  1. Impartant News:

    LHDN has not appointed any party to accept registration from general public and All registration forms will be distributed FREE!

    Don’t believe any “Runner” or “Agent” that they can help you to take the cash faster & easier!


    For any inquiries, call LHDN directly!

    LHDN Customer Service Hotline: 1-300-88-3010

    Check it out for LHDN Hotline

  2. it mean we need to go to post office register? when is the date, 1 December??

  3. Good day, Chin, this is what IRB announced that the form will be available in December, but no exact date was given.

    Yes, it was initially announced that the cash can be received via post office. But then said only banks. Need further confirmation from MOF or LHDN on this.

    We will follow up on this & will update here.

  4. Some links to LHDN are temporarily broken due to system down from LHDN websites. Please refer below for LHDN announcement.



    Semua Sistem Aplikasi Korporat dan Sistem Aplikasi Server akan mengalami gangguan mulai jam 5:30 petang, 15 November 2011 ( Selasa) sehingga jam 8.00 pagi, 20 November 2011 ( Ahad) berikutan kerja-kerja penaiktarafan Pusat Data Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia ( LHDNM) bersempena dengan perpindahan operasi Ibu Pejabat dari Kompleks Kerajaan Jalan Duta ke Cyberjaya.

  5. Sorry for the inconvenience on the system down by LHDN. We will have those documents hosted in our server rather than directed to external links in future. Thank you for your patience.

  6. Thanks, what procedure we need? At the same time, can we get get the application form from bank?

  7. Hi Linday, thanks for your comment.

    In fact, no specific details on how, when & where were announced since the Budget.

    What we know from the development are:

    1. Registration – LHDN
    2. Where to get money RM500 – Post office/banks
    3. When to get – January
    4. Who (in a family) to get cash – ? (father? mother? son? daughter?)
    5. Which type of family entitled – ?

    Let’s see how it goes.

  8. With Inland Revenue Board started from 1 December.

    “IRB acting as the sole agency on the exercise will involve 36 branches and 17 IRB centres in the districts as well as mobile units to conduct the registration. The form would also be published in the nationwide major newspapers to conveniences of the general public.“

    See you, cc.

  9. What about those OKU who has no income at all, does he/she entitle to get the RM500? What are the procedures for them to apply?

  10. Good morning, Kartik & Kim.

    This cash assistance is disbursed based on “Family” unit rather than “Individual member” of a family.

    Our basic understanding for a household with monthly income less than RM3,000 is all family members in a house are “officially” earning less than RM3,000 per month in total.

    Kartik, if you are staying alone in a house and is earning less than RM3,000 a month, then you will possibly be entitled for the cash.

    However, the definition for “household” is yet to be defined by LHDN nor MOF as at today, we advise to wait for the further clarification from MOF for the entitlement.

  11. hi, morning. may i know is it can online get the form? how can i get the form and how to submit?

  12. Ministry of Finance (MOF) has issued media release stating the definition of “Household”.

    For full press release, click here: MOF Media Release

    According to the release, all forms are made available in all LHDN offices and other government departments. No sure whether there is any form available for online download.

  13. Important Paragraphs from the MOF Media Release:

    Isi rumah yang layak memohon merujuk kepada seorang lelaki atau
    wanita yang menjadi ketua kepada ahli yang tinggal serumah atau
    ketua keluarga. Ini merangkumi individu:

     Berkahwin termasuk anak yang berkahwin dan tinggal bersama
    ibu bapa;

     Ibu atau bapa tunggal yang mempunyai tanggungan;

     Individu (bujang, duda, ibu tunggal) bujang yang mempunyai
    tanggungan; dan

     Warga emas sebatang kara

    Kerajaan memutuskan, pendaftaran permohonan Bantuan Tunai
    RM500 akan dibuat mulai hari Sabtu, 10 Disember 2011 untuk
    tempoh satu bulan
    . Borang-borang pendaftaran boleh didapati
    secara percuma mulai tarikh tersebut, di Jabatan Pembangunan
    Persekutuan, Pejabat Cawangan dan Pusat Khidmat Lembaga Hasil
    Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDNM), serta agensi-agensi Kerajaan.

  14. Hi Icelim,

    The cash is disbursed based on “Family” unit in a house rather than “Individual member” of a family.

    If they are staying in home town or in city at their own house, then they are qualified since their combined income is zero (retirees).

  15. Hi,

    I am working and my salary is just RM1400.00 per month,
    can I apply?
    what is the requirement to apply for this?

    Thank You.

  16. Can I apply this cash if i rented a house together with my friends. They are all students and I’m the only one working?

    Currently my salary not more than 3k.

  17. If a man were retired (No income), his 1st wife pass away and his son (Single) monthly income is less than RM3000.

    And this man was married 2nd time with a girl (Single mother) her monthly income is less than RM3000. She have one child.

    They not stay together. The girl have her own house.

    So in this cases who entitle to get this RM500. Is consider one family or two family.

    Thank you.

  18. The son (sole income earner) will entitle the cash for his family.

    The single mother will entitle for her cash in her own family.

  19. elee & James, this cash is supposed for “family” with total monthly income less than 3,000. But all of you look like entitled for the cash.

    elee, you may apply if you are staying alone.
    James, you may apply if you are the house leader.

    Take a look into the definition given by the MOF:

    “3. Individual who is single and has commitment (Individu bujang yang mempunyai tanggungan)”

    Who else don’t have commitment? :)

  20. Visit any IRB branch offices and “relevant government agencies”.

    p.s.: This is what informed by MOF, not sure “who are they” on relevant government agencies.

  21. aslkum..tis is good for the rakyat…can my mum also take,she’s a housewife…n also my father retired…can they get too seperately…..

  22. Good day, Mazlina.

    I may afraid they can only claim once since they are staying together in one house.

  23. I think individual have to apply for themselves, this is nothing to do with company.

  24. Janet : since it is after all a personal ‘aid’ / assistance from the governement direct…as such…must go yourself to register. Not company.

  25. elee, James & nbc.angeline : i quote : “3. Individual who is single and has commitment (Individu bujang yang mempunyai tanggungan)” – the term ‘tanggungan’ is different from the term ‘commitment’ that you may think. You are all probbly thinking in terms of ‘financial commitment’. This is not the correct definition.

    ‘Tanggungan’ means – liability or having to take care of those under you e.g. own or adopted children or maybe even….OKU siblings who you have to care for & feed.

  26. Hi LC, it makes more sense for that purpose now. Thanks for the clarification.

  27. saw this on newspaper & its written that we can register online. is this true? or we need to get the form from the place stated?

  28. Hi Peggie, the form should be made available online by IRB and downloadable.

    However, I doubt these forms can be submitted online as I believe you need some attachments to support your claim.

    Let’s see how it goes.

  29. Hi Guys,

    Just wondering about my condition.
    Im single guy, renting a room, mother recently passed away, earning below rm3k

    do I qualify for this rm500?

  30. Christina, the form is said to be out by 10 December.

    Leo, as a single guy & renting a room like me, I don’t think we qualify for that.


Please solve the math to comment. Thank you. * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.