Check your company name for FREE!
Have your new company name in mind?
Register new company with your own desired name?
Check it out before get rejected by SSM!
Due to the fact that there are 1,035,513 companies already registered with SSM as at today (18 April 2013), it is high likely that someone may have already used the name of your choice in their companies!
Check your new company name with SSM online system before registering your company!
Login to SSM Online System NOW!
1. Visit to www.ssm-einfo.my
2. Click on the icon stating “Register as e-Account Member!”
3. Fill in the “e-Registration Form“, then submit
4. You will receive a message “Please login now”
5. Login with your user name & password
6. Once successful login, click on the icon “>> Search”
7. Enter your desired company name in the box “By Name”
8. DONE! Name search result from SSM will be displayed!
Below is the Company Name Search Result extracted from SSM Online System using the name “Genting“:-
Some words you can’t use in your new company’s name
With the above company name search results from SSM registry system, you will now have a better idea on whether someone is using the same or similar name to the one you plan to have for your new company.
However, there are some words required prior approval from the the Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs or from the relevant government agencies before you can use it in your new company’s name.
Full details of these words, click here:
Apply company name search with SSM now!
The first step of the new company registration is the lodgement of name search application to Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM Malaysia) for SSM’s approval of using the desired name in your new company.
After all the above analysis & surveys, you may have made up your mind on your new company’s name. Just let us know & we will submit the name search application to SSM for approval of use of your ideal name in the registration of new company.
Upon approval of name by SSM, the approved company name will be reserved for you for a period of three (3) months. The duly executed registration documents are therefore required to be submitted to SSM within the 3-month period to get your company registered with SSM.
Failing to submit the registration documents to SSM within the 3 months period, such approved name will then be opened to public for reservation.
How long does SSM take to approve the name application?
SSM shall approve or disapprove the name search application within 1-2 working days.
All name search applications are subject to final decision from the SSM officer.
NBC do not warrant or guarantee the result of the name search application with SSM as NBC do not have any influence over the decision made by the SSM officer.
Why does SSM not approve the name search application?
SSM will normally reject the application of new company name based on the following reasons:
- Proposed company’s name is similiar to those existing one and may cause confusion to the public.
- Proposed company’s name is similiar with the former name of existing company and may create undesirable confusion to the Public members.
- Proposed company’s name is prohibited by the Companies Act 1965 or any other relevant Acts.
- Proposed company’s name is undesired for use as company name, for example, Ekor Ayam Sdn Bhd.
What can we do if the proposed company’s name is strongly needed for the new business?
We shall appeal in writing to SSM to substantiate reasons why SSM should approve the use of name. However, it is still subject to the final decision by SSM.
What is the charges for name search application with SSM?
The processing fee payable to SSM for every name search application is RM30.
We will add on RM20 being the runner costs incurred, thus making total charges amounting to RM50 per name search.
You may also like:
- Some words you can’t use in your new company name unless approved by Minister
- 3 things you need to know when you are using SSM online system
- Complete Guidelines by SSM for name search