Every company is required to contribute EPF for its staff/workers and to remit the contribution sum to KWSP before the 15th day of the following month. Failing to submit within the stipulated period will result in late penalty charged by KWSP.
The mandatory contributions based on the employee’s pay are as follows:
- Employer (company)
- 13% for any wages less than RM5,000
- 12% for any wages more than RM5,000
- Employee (staff / workers) – 11%
Voluntarily to contribute more than the statutory requirement (12%-13%) by the company for its employees are encouraged by the Government where a tax deduction will be given for such extra contribution by the company.
The employers’ contributions are tax deductible up to 19% of the employee’s pay.
You might also like or download Forms here:
- FAQ: 13% employer EPF contribution from 1 January 2012
- Wages that subject to EPF deduction
- Budget 2012: 13% employer’s contribution for salary less than RM5,000
- EPF contribution by sole proprietor and partnership
- EPF monthly contribution form (Borang caruman bulanan EPF/Borang A)
- KWSP (EPF) offices location in Klang Valley, Kuala Lumpur & Selangor